Amazon’s smart speakers Echo come with Alexa which is a digital assistant mainly designed to make people's life more easier and convenient. There is not any need to purchase an Echo device to get the benefits of the voice assistant of Amazon. All you need to have a Windows 10 laptop or desktop with an Alexa app and a built-in microphone. Here, in this blog, you will know the simple and easy steps to download Alexa app for PC Windows 10 for free.
Steps to Download Alexa App For PC Windows 10
If you want to download the Alexa app to your PC then you need to open the Microsoft Store and then search for the Alexa app. After that, click on the Get and Launch button when the Alexa app download is completed. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the Alexa app:
- Firstly, you need to click on the magnifying glass icon given at the bottom-right corner of your display.
- Enter Microsoft Store into the given search bar. Tap on the Open button.
- After that, enter Alexa into the search bar. You will easily find the search bar at the upper-right corner of your Microsoft Store window 10.
- Tap on the Alexa app which is the free app having the blue Alexa icon.
- Now, you need to click on the Get button to download the Alexa app for PC windows 10. You will get the progress bar in the middle of the window.
- Wait for some time until the downloading of the Alexa app is completed. This app needs 81 MB of disk space.
- Once the Alexa app downloading is completed, click on the Launch button to install the app on your PC.
- In the next step, click on Set up Amazon Alexa. If you are an existing Amazon user then enter your username and password on the Sign-in page. If you do not have an Amazon account then tap on Create a new Amazon account option. For this, you need to enter the name, email address and create a strong password.
- Tap on Continue on the terms and conditions page after reading it. Again click on the continue button to allow your PC to access the microphone. Click on the Yes button for confirmation.
- Thereafter, choose push-to-talk or hands-free modes. Using the hands-free option, you need to say, “Alexa, give me a voice command. In the push-to-talk option, you need to tap on the Alexa icon in the app to give any of the voice commands.
- At last, configure the app and tap on the finish button. Launch the Alexa app when signing into your computer. Also, allows the app to sound or pin the Alexa app to the taskbar.
- Once you complete all the steps for Alexa app installation, you can launch it by clicking on the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
With the above-mentioned steps, you can easily download Alexa app for PC Windows 10 without any hassle. If you want to do additional settings then you can do it from the top-left corner of the Alexa app window.