If you want to connect Echo Dot to WiFi, you need to download and install the Alexa app on your smartphone device. Connecting your Echo Dot speaker to the WiFi network will let you use all the smart services offered by Alexa. Once you have completed the Echo Dot setup, you can give any voice command to your device and it will execute your commands as per the preferences. In this post, we are going to share the simple step by step guidelines that can help you connect Echo Dot to WiFi. So, read on and follow the simple guidelines to complete the task.
Connecting Echo Dot Device to WiFi For the First Time: Guidelines To Follow
If you are connecting your echo dot device to the WiFi for the first time, you need to install the Alexa app. You can install the application by visiting the support on your smartphone device. Here is the step by step instructions you need to follow for this:
- Log in to the application with your Amazon account
- When prompted, tap on the ‘Get Started’ option.
- Select the name associated with your Amazon account from the provided list, Or you can choose the option ‘I am someone else and type the correct name’.
- You may have asked to grant permission to access the contact information and notifications.
- Click on the ‘Alexa’ menu button and when you see the dropdown menu appearing on the screen, choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Add a new device’ option.
- Choose the Echo Dot device from the provided list. ‘
- Select a particular model you would like to set up ( for example- Echo Dot 2nd Generation).
- Plugin the Echo dot device to the electric outlet. The light ring present on the top of the device must be blue for the setup. Once your device is ready, you can hit the ‘Continue’ button and proceed next.
- Depending upon the device, the application may ask you to connect through the WiFi settings of your smartphone. For this, proceed with the on-screen guidelines to connect through the Wireless Network to the Amazon Network. Once your device is successfully connected, you will receive the confirmation message and the application will automatically proceed to the next screen.
- ‘A Connected to ( Device Name)’ confirmation message will appear on the screen, tap on the Continue button.
- The list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear on your application itself. To the network, you would like to connect your Echo Dot and enter the prompt ID password.
- The app screen may read ‘Preparing Your ( Device Name)’ with the ‘progress bar’.
- The WiFi connection will be established and you will receive a message saying that your device is online.
We hope that after following these simple steps, you will be able to connect Echo Dot to WiFi and use all the smart services offered by this speaker and Alexa. The Setup process is pretty simple, but if you have a doubt or there is any other setup related query, you can always contact the experts and take their advice. The experts can help you to find the best possible solution to your problem and make sure that you enjoy the desired Echo Dot smart experience.